Safe T Sleep®
Classic Sleepwrap® baby wrap & HEADwedge combo
Classic Sleepwrap baby wrap & little HEADwedge combo - helps to prevent Plagiocephaly/Flat/Deformed heads.
The Sleepwrap allows all natural, flexible movement at each stage of development enhancing a longer and more restful sleep for baby and you.
The Classic size Fits: standard bassinet, pram bassinet, carrycot, Moses basket, baby hammock, larger bedside co-sleeper, portable cot/crib, boat, caravan, campervan, standard and American cot/crib, larger EU cot, standard single bed.
Age: newborn – approximately 2years.
The Sleepwrap, together with the little HEADwedge helps ensure a lovely head shape for baby.
The little Safe T Sleep HEADwedge assists parents and caregivers to help position baby's head on alternate sides at each sleep to help prevent flat, deformed heads occurring in young infants, which is an ongoing concern world-wide.
Globally approximately 40% of flat deformed heads DO NOT self-correct despite all efforts. This is a very significant statistic and causes much unnecessary trauma. Sometimes the problems are cosmetic and/or involve brain impairment. The American Association of Paediatrics estimates over 40% never self correct and that over 10% globally need surgery!
When back sleeping baby use the HEADwedge tucked WELL underneath the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap baby wrap so that it complies with safety advice not to have ‘loose items in the cot’. Place the little HEADwedge on alternate sides of baby’s head at each sleep. When side sleeping baby you can use the little HEADwedge tucked behind their back.
The Safe T Sleep HEADwedge is most useful from first returning home from the hospital through to when baby is approximately six months old. The younger the baby, the softer the head so in those early days after baby first comes home baby's head will typically be softest.
The Safe T Sleep HEADwedge helps ensure natural baby head shaping and normal brain development while allowing for movement that is natural during baby's sleep and nap times. HEADwedge is for babies newborn-6months old.
Safe T Sleep Sleepwraps and HEADwedge are the original, trusted, quality and Hospital Clinically Proven* baby wrap swaddle and HEADwedge combination.
Review by a Senior Consultant in the Craniofacial Clinic at a tertiary referral hospital in New Zealand (page2).
Reviews from many happy customers
Better, more restful sleep plays a critical role in both yours and your baby’s emotional wellbeing. We are so proud that since 1992, our unique baby safety products have helped so many families from all over the world to get a good night sleep! Here’s some of the feedback we’ve received.
Sleepwrap Babywrap reviews and testimonials
Why Safe T Sleep?
The Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap is a patented product that is practical and easy to use. It’s a high-quality baby wrap to compliment nurturing, positive parenting skills. The Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap is designed to help prevent injuries and fatalities without restricting baby’s natural movements and offers parents, grandparents and caregivers’ substantial peace of mind and portable convenience.
A combo of a Sleepwrap plus a little HEADwedge to help prevent PWS (Flat Heads). More about that here.
What do you think of Safe T Sleep?
We would love to hear how our baby safe sleeping products have made a difference in your life. If you have any questions, we’re here to help. Please feel free to contact us.
Do you have your own story/review you would like to share? Click here to send.
The Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap is the original, most flexible, simple and effective swaddling babywrap. Suitable newborn to 2 years. Safer sleep, natural comfortable movement for baby and peace of mind for parents. Ensures safety over all types of swaddling and sleepingbags. The only Hospital Clinically Proven Sleepwrap with a 100% safety record EST. 1992.
As recommended ‘by Health Ministries, Midwives and Paediatricians in New Zealand and worldwide.
Use these links for the most up to date Plunket and Smart Start recommendations.
Frequently asked questions, our answers and advice about Safe T Sleep baby safety products
As you can imagine, the Safe T Sleep team gets lots of questions from parents and caregivers about the baby safety products and safe sleeping for babies. We’ll do our best to answer them all, so feel free to contact us if you can’t find the answer you are looking for in the FAQs below. These have been developed over the last 30years alongside mothers, health professionals, the Inventor of Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap and her team.
View all Safe T Sleep products here
First, the Key Benefits of the Original Safe T Sleep® Sleepwrap® baby wrap! There are many benefits to using the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap for your baby. The main ones are:
- Allows a cosy, ‘independent sleeping space’ for babies
- Together with loving, trust-building parenting encourages positive, familiar sleep patterns and associations
- Helps keep baby’s face and head clear, helping to prevent suffocation accidents
- Helps prevent known cot/crib discomfort, injuries and fatalities from jamming climbing and falling
- Importantly flat and soft underneath baby’s back for cosy comfort
- Allows all natural, comfortable movement at each stage of development.
- Free body, limb and hip movement. Older babies may turn freely within the Sleepwrap
- Practical and comforting for reflux, colic, ‘head bangers’, extra restless sleepers and creepers
- Safer, more familiar transitions to bigger and different beds for home and away. Ideal for twins and multiples
- The best, most convenient, compact and lightweight for visiting, traveling, camping, caravanning, boating and small spaces. Ideal and practical at grandparents and day-care
- Washable, hygienic, warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Easy to use: the Safe T Sleep baby Sleepwrap simply goes over any type of swaddling, sleeping bag or sleepwear for safe, snug and more restful sleep
- Helps keep swaddling wraps in place to prevent entanglement and suffocation
- Peace of mind and a good night sleep for baby’s parents, grandparents and caregivers
Buy yours today!
Frequently asked questions, our answers and advice
1. Is my sleeping baby comfortable? What natural movement does my baby have and do babies seem to like being wrapped in the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap baby wrap?
2. Has the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap had any professional testing or trialling?
3. How important is it to read and follow instructions for the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap?
4. What are the dangers of using a second-hand or homemade/copycat Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap?
5. What do I do if my baby doesn’t seem to like the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap baby wrap?
6a. My baby is rolling/turning and/or creeping around in the Sleepwrap – what can I do?
6b. Baby sleeping on side, what can I do?
7. When and how is my older baby able to be taught to turn within the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap?
8. How may the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap baby wrap assist with better baby sleep?
9. Can you sleep a baby on their tummy in the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap?
10. Is my back or side sleeping baby safer in a Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap?
11. At what age should I transition my baby out of the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap baby wrap?
12. Can I co-sleep with my baby? Or is a bedside co-sleeper bassinet the safest baby bed?
13. Why use the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap with baby’s 9-months or older if some babies can undo the fastening strips?
14. Is it possible to introduce the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap to an older baby over 12 – 18 months?
15. If I place my baby at the foot of the cot/crib without a Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap is my baby sleeping safely?
16. Could the Sleepwrap pose any danger to my baby?
17. Can a baby overheat with a Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap baby wrap?
18. Can the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap help prevent my baby from getting cold – kicking all the blankets off?
19. What safe baby sleep options do I have for a premature, newborn and/or very wriggly, Olympic/Houdini older baby?
20. Can I use the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap in conjunction with a baby sleeping bag product? If used together, will my baby be too hot?
21. What is the best way to swaddle/wrap my newborn-6months old baby when I also want to use the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap?
22. Why and how should I use the little Safe T Sleep HEADwedge to prevent Flat Head/Positional Plagiocephaly/PWS?
23. How can the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap and HEADwedge help prevent and correct Flat Head/Positional Plagiocephaly/PWS?
24. Why do I need to use a Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap and HEADwedge to correct a flat head when Doctors and Surgeons suggest a ‘helmet’?
25. How long will it take to correct my baby’s Flat Head? Is my child too old for the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap and/or HEADwedge product to work on his flat head?
26. What is the best baby bed for a newborn – 2years old? Can I put my baby straight into a cot/crib (rather than bassinet first)?
27. The Sleepwrap baby wrap fastening strips seem very noisy, what can I do?
28. Can I use the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap and a baby Monitor together?
29. Is it safe to use a 'second hand' Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap baby wrap?
30. How and why should I introduce the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap to an older baby?
31. How do I decide which size Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap to buy?
32. In New Zealand will WINZ assist with the purchase of a Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap baby wrap?
33. Could the Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap be mistaken as a sleep positioner?
The Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap is a practical easy to use baby wrap to compliment nurturing, positive parenting skills. It helps to prevent injuries and fatalities without restricting breathing or natural movements.
The Ministry of Health recommends all babies are put to sleep in their own sleep space, on their backs and with no loose objects like toys or bumper pads in the bed. Babies are best protected by being a smoke-free environment and being breast fed.