It is generally considered unwise to use ANY type of second hand baby safety product, unless you definitely know and trust the origin and age of the product.
To help give an understanding of how seriously Safe T Sleep consider absolute ‘safety’ for our baby products we will explain some of the aspects showing the commitment in ensuring and monitoring the continual quality, safety and value of the Safe T Sleep products, please read the below.
Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap is the only ORIGINAL Independently Hospital Clinically PROVEN, most versatile, historically trusted and safest babywrap in the world!
Significantly since its invention in 1992 hundreds of thousands of babies worldwide have slept safely in the patented Safe T Sleep® Sleepwrap® with no reported fatalities or injuries.
- The Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap is constructed of a double layer of top quality, specifically woven 100% organic cotton, which is regularly scientifically batch tested at great cost to ensure it is ‘chemical free’ for extra safety.
- The fabric is tested for a specific rating, measuring the strength, longevity and breathability of the weave. This is especially important for young babies in the high SUDI/SIDS (cot death) risk period, especially in hot climates.
- Top quality fastening strips are used for safety.
- Industrial strength thread is used for safety and longevity, all corners are mitred and seams are back stitched.
- Two points of strict and regular manufacturing, Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures are constantly maintained for quality and safety product assurance.
- Value for money - Safe usage period is 2 children aged from 0-2years under ‘usual’ conditions. Just a few cents a day.
POTENTIAL DANGERS OF SECONDHAND, HOMEMADE/COPYCAT VERSIONS of Safe T Sleep products
Safety concerns with copycat versions include:
- incorrect, untested fabric and fabric weave, the use of any kind of buttons, zips, domes, tapes, straps, ribbons, poor quality fastening strips, narrow, untested dimensions or design may all place babies at risk.
- The specific strength and quality of the fabric weave, manufacturing processes, extensive trials and dimension testing all ensure that babies limbs cannot become entangled and that the product cannot bunch into a narrow cord, which according to Paediatricians, could cause localised pressure around the baby’s torso or chest, which could cause serious breathing restriction.
- A homemade or copycat version will therefore not give the security and peace of mind that an original, tested and proven product gives. Babies are too precious to play with safety issues.
All too often people have a grand idea and undertake no testing or correct teaching to ensure wise and correct usage of products. There are few regulations and often if a product is in a pretty colour and package and has a good margin it can end up for sale entirely untested. This process is irresponsible, potentially dangerous and reactive and sadly accidents often need to happen before something is done.
Safe T Sleep has, since its inception and are continually passionate about ‘safety’. Quality assurance processes and community education cost much more than people realise. Safe T Sleep believes it is imperative to ensure that top standards are kept constant to protect babies and give peace of mind to parents and caregivers.
We trust you understand why we need to protect babies, our good name, trusted brand, very hard work, integrity of our educational material and our safety record for babies since 1992.
In making a copy Sleepwrap you may get it right but you may also be playing with the safety of your babies and others. With a successful safety record since 1992 it seems wise, as with all safety products, to ensure you buy the original, tested, trialled and PROVEN item.
Choose your Sleepwrap size according to the bed and mattress you choose to sleep your baby on:
SMALL (Classic) Fits mattresses for: Cot/Crib, Standard single, Portable Cot, Boat, Caravan, Cradle, Aircraft Cradle, Hammock, Bassinet, Bassinet-Pram, Moses Basket.
LARGE (Travel) Fits mattresses for: Cot/Crib, Portable Cot, Standard Single, Boat, Caravan, King-Single, Double, Queen, Standard King.
The NEW COT/CRIB Fits mattress for: Standard NZ/American size Cots/Cribs – 70cm W x 130cm L x 12cm D.
The little Safe T Sleep MULTIwedge, when baby is back sleeping, should be tucked well underneath the main part of the Sleepwrap. This helps prevent/correct misshapen, flat, deformed heads, unnecessary trauma and thousands of dollars of remedial costs. It is most suitable for babies under 6months old to help keep babies head on alternate sides. When baby is side sleeping simply tuck the little MULTIwedge into baby’s back.
Not all flat heads “come right”. Well over 35% of babies worldwide retain a flat/deformed head! 4.2% need surgery to allow normal brain development. The Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap and MULTIwedge help ensure a safer sleeping baby plus a nicely shaped head :)
The Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap and little MULTIwedge help gives a safer, more restful sleep plus helps ensure a lovely head-shape for baby. Choose safety, Choose Safe T Sleep, the only original, tested and proven swaddling babywrap.