PRESENT HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL USES FOR THE SAFE T SLEEP® Sleepwrap® babywrap product
- When used correctly it gives added safety with all desired sleep positioning, prevents tummy sleeping by positioning babies more safely on back or side.
- Prevention or correction of PWS-flat/deformed heads
- Gastro-oesophagael Reflux/GERD
- Irritable hips.
- Cranial Osteopathy.
- Porta catheter (central line).
- Supra-pubic catheter.
- Some types of dressing in plastics.
- Burn cases.
- Post op positioning from some operations eg: kidney.
- Positions apnoea monitors when threaded up through nappy and covered with Safe T Sleep babywrap.
- Comforts and settles restless babies when used in conjunction with sleep programmes and positive parenting techniques.
- Positioning babies with cleft palates.
- Positioning babies with broken limbs.
- ED Nurse – Assist child/infant wrap for ‘holding’ during invasive procedures e.g suturing, nasogastric.
- Positioning upright ‘respiratory’.
- ‘Recovery’ post-op.
- Special needs - some autistic - cerebral palsey - epilepsy – aspiration
The Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap babywrap product is being used in Children's wards at several hospitals in New Zealand, Australia and Europe. The Safe T Sleep babywrap products have been
• Fabric tested
• Hospital laundry tested
• Hospital clinically tested
• Used successfully with over 200,000 babies
Giving comfort and security where needed during sleep for Special Needs: eg. some autism, cerebal palsy, epilepsy and more.
Since its invention in 1992 hundreds of thousands of babies have slept safely with a Safe T Sleep Sleepwrap & little MULTIwedge
NZ Medical Journal paper on Safe T Sleep: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0223/2655/files/NZ_Medical_Journal_Tristan_version.pdf?1306
PWS/Flat/deformed Heads paper: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0223/2655/files/PWS_Paper.pdf?741